Friday, September 13, 2013

Playground Fun

A few weeks ago I needed to go to a Boots store.  Needed some creams and potions and I had some advantage points to spend.  Where we live there isn't a Boots and the nearest one is an hours bus ride away.  It was a nice sunny day and my day off work and I was determined we were not just sitting around the house with the kids playing on gadgets, watching TV and arguing.  We set off to the pretty market town of Dolgellau, a mere 20 miles but over an hour on the village bus.

I quickly made my purchases and then went and had a browse in the wonderful yarn shop.  A beautiful traditional shop full to the rafters with yummy yarn all squidgy and waiting to be brought.  Sadly for me, today was not the day any of it came home although I did spy a nice few balls that may make the journey back home with me in the future.




We stopped and had a cake and drink in the lovely quaint cafe on the square before realising the bus was another 50 minutes.  




Only one thing to do on a sunny day and that was a visit to the park.  I dread that these type of days are over as The Boy and Girl get older but for now playground fun was welcomed.









Just glad for fun at the park and hope these times will continue for a while longer.

This blog posts is linking up with Coombe Mill for Country Kids.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

6 comments:

Joyful said...

Looks like you had a lovely day even if the bus ride is a hassle. Children grow up so fast. Have a wonderful weekend.

pinkoddy said...

Hope there was some nice views on the bus journey. The slide/climbing frame looks amazing.

Mums do travel said...

It's great to get the kids out and away from their gadgets.

Coombe Mill - Fiona said...

Judging by the fun being had in the park I think you might have another year or so before they grow too old for parks! What a pretty little village to visit and the wool shop looks impressive. Thanks for linking up and sharing with Country Kids.

mumturnedmom said...

That is a very cool slide! Glad you had a good day out :) #CountryKids

Lisa-Jane said...

That's a heck of a slide! Love the look of that yarn shop and I don't even knit or crochet!