It has been a real long time since I was able to sit down and crochet. Making 1/2 a round on a granny square in not crocheting to me. There have been too many times the past few months when all I have managed in a week is half a round. This week I was determined to make time to crochet. I didn't really have time to spare but I was going to make time and as a result a few work things were thrown to one side for a couple of days. but I am ok with this. I was in need of some me time. The 7 weeks of the school summer holidays have been long. Very long. With trying to juggle, work, house and kids it has been stressful and I was in need of something nice to do just for me.
I started off by having a look on my Ravelry page and you know what? Even though there is a long list of half completed projects there, I went with a WIP that has not even made it to Ravelry! Let it be known there are quite a few that aren't even there and my list looks awful with all these projects partially made.
I buckled down and completed 14 squares to add to the 4 I had already made for this blanket. There are a total of 36 squares to be made and I have now done 18. Half of them made! I have done mostly the larger squares which means I have made over half the blanket now. I am continuing to make at least 3 a day until the blanket is finished and hope to have it completed by the middle of next week to then start sewing together.
I think I am being a little too optimistic to say I will have the blanket finished by the end of the month but I am going to try my best. Once the planned squares are sewn together I think I may need an extra row of small squares to extend the size in order for it to cover a single bed. I may also need to purchase some more yarn depending upon how big a boarder is needed. Extra squares will certainly mean more yarn which will delay the completing of the blanket.
What is clear by these photos is that I need to block the squares before I start sewing them together.
Linking up with WIP Wednesday.