Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? (16 October 2013)

Things have been a little up in the air here in the house by the sea this week.  I started a course of medical treatment and although the treatment itself is ok the side effects have left me a little icky.  But life moves on and I need to carry on with life.  Just wish this permanent headache would go.  I've had it for 5 days now and its not quite a migraine but is verging on one.  Well enough about my ailments you are here to see my crafty space.

The only crafting I have really done is card making.  Yesterday I was on mass production of Christmas cards but after 2 hours I got bored of making the same design over and over.  You can see 3 of the cards I have made and I was making the Christmas tree yesterday.  18 cards made but 14 of them need the sentiment cutting out and sticking on then they will be finished.  


But as I said I got bored and gave up.  Crafting shouldn't make you bored but it has lately and I've done no 12 x 12 scrapping for nearly 5 months now and no project life for nearly 6 weeks.  Crochet is slow and painful and I seem to sit for 15/20 minutes crocheting away and then just put it down.  Just need my mojo back and soon but I just don't seem to have the energy any more.  Really never thought this would happen but I think I may have fell out with crafting!


Linking up with Julia for WOYWW.

5 comments:

Neesie said...

Oh no Candace I'm so sorry to hear that you are unwell and have lost your mojo.
To have a headache that long is bound to affect you. But even so you're cards are beautiful and you've really been busy.
I hope you overcome these feelings and find your creative umph soon ;D
Take care xoxo

sandysewin said...

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so icky. Of course if you're feeling awful doing anything can be tough.

Just find something you can enjoy right now and don't worry about the rest. When you feel better your crafting mojo will come back. :-)

Happy Woyww,

Sandy #38

Robin said...

Sometimes I don't craft of a long time???I. Crushed both my hands several years ago and still have a good deal of pain. I will just pass my room for days, then I do nothing but craft.

I love that I can play when the mood strikes!!!

Hope your headache leaves soon,

Robin 117

ria gall said...

Hi Candace
I feel your pain sweetie and know where you are coming from. You are right craft should be fun and if it is not you need to move away from it and go back to it later.
I live with chronic pain 24/7 due to fibromyalgia and arthritis and at times I sit at my craft desk and nothing comes, or I am in so much pain I can't sit to craft.
What I do is get myself a tag it doesn't matter what size and I just craft on that. By doing something smaller than a card takes a lot of pressure from you and once a tag is completed you feel that you have had a good day and made something.
I hope that can be some help to you
Happy WOYWW have an enjoyable week hugs Ria #22

The Taming of the Glue said...

Just step away from the craft and take a good break from it. I felt the same way a while ago and that was without the pain you have. I'm sure your mojo will return. The Xmas cards are lovely. Hugs. Pam#68