Monday, January 20, 2014

Plans For 2014



A few weeks ago I eluded a little to what I would like to achieve this year.  When I turned 40 last year I made a list of 50 things I would like to do by the time I reach my 50th birthday.  This year I would like to work on some of these goals and hope by the end of the year I have at least started to put the wheels in motion with a large number of them.

10 months in, I have managed to achieve 1 of these goals and I have scrapped about in the smash book I am going to make about my journey.



I have prepped some of the pages in advance in the hope of speeding up the scrapping of this project.




This year I would like to concentrate on the following goals:

Charity
  • 1) Raise £100 For Charity

Cooking
Travel
  • 12) Go On A Spa Weekend
Work
  • 15) Develop Blog
  • 16) Set Up New Business
  • 19) Make A You Tube Craft Video
Grown Up Stuff
   21) Rewrite Will
  •  22) Put House On The Market
  •  23) Sell Current House and Buy A New One
Learning


  •   
  •   29) Learn Welsh
  •  30) Take A University Class
  •  32) Improve Digi Skills
For The Fun Of It
Health
  •  44) Lose 3 Stone
Crafty
   45) Renovate Five Pieces Of Furniture
  •  46) Crochet 10 Blankets
  •  47) Complete 10 Project Life Albums 2013 to 2022
  •  48) Knit Socks
  •  50) Make A Quilt

Obviously some of these won't be completed in full this year such as:

Learning


  •   
  •   29) Learn Welsh
Health
  •  44) Lose 3 Stone
Crafty
   45) Renovate Five Pieces Of Furniture
  •  46) Crochet 10 Blankets
  •  47) Complete 10 Project Life Albums. 
But I fully intend to make a start on them.  I would like to at least:
  • Lose 1 stone
  • Renovate 1 piece of furniture
  • Crochet 3 blankets, in reality finish 3 blankets I have started.
  • Finish my 2012 and 2013 Project Life albums and have the first 6 months completed of 2014.
There are 21 goals here that I have chosen to concentrate on this year.  At the end of 2014 I will be nearly 2 years in to my time period, therefore, if I can achieve what I would like to this year it will be fantastic.  However, there are some real big goals that I would still like to achieve.  

This year the biggie has to be selling my house in The Midlands and buying a new one here in Wales.  If all I achieve this year is that then I will be really happy.  As much as I like living here we have been in Wales 11 months next week and living in a cramped 2 bed house is really getting to me.  Simply put, its not big enough for us and if we don't move somewhere bigger this year it will begin to give us problems.  I've really noticed the lack of space over the past few months when it has been cold, dark and wet and The Boy and Girl have been inside all the while.  They want to invite friends over but we really lack the space and I am beginning to feel as if they are taking advantage of their friends' parents as they are always there having meals, sleepovers etc and we certainly can't offer sleepovers here at the moment.  I know it will happen but I need this goal to happen this year and soon.

Am I being a little optimistic in trying to achieve all this in one year?

Have you set yourself any goals for 2014?

2 comments:

alexa said...

I am so impressed by your list - even the revised one! If it feels a little undo-able still, I was wondering if starring items might help? E.g. 3 stars =definitely going to do this, 2 stars = will tackle this when th three stars are done, and 1 star = nice to fit in if there's an opportunity but can wait till next year? Just ignore me if I have spoken out of turn . I am cheering you on!

Holly said...

Good luck selling your house. If I could convince my husband to move to the UK, I would be so on it!