Monday, March 17, 2014

The Week That Was

The past few weeks have been a little quite on here.  The last week in February was our half term and we went away for the week back to The Midlands where we had oodles of fun family time.  To be honest I think I over did things and when we came back home my health suffered a little.  I don't know where you have heard of The Spoon Theory but as someone who has a number of chronic illness I can agree that this is very true.  Lets just say I ran out of spoons and have paid the price these past 2 weeks.

The first week I was just tired and slept quite a bit then last week was a bit of a disaster.  At the beginning of the week I was unwell and spent a number of days lying down as that was the best position to be in the least amount of pain (Note - I sad least not pain free).  By Friday I was feeling a little better and need to catch up with 'life'.  By this I mean washing up, cleaning, hoovering, washing, fun stuff, work.  You know...Life! The 'Life' that had been put on hold the past two weeks.

As a quick catch up this is last week as taken from my Instagram feed:



























Shopping deliveries, bedroom ceilings, knitting socks, hospital visits, hot chocolates needed to recover from the needles and scalpels before I can face going home, the pick me up steak meal, beach fun, 3 lots of happy mail and my new yarn getting in knots courtesy of a cat.  So that was my week!  

Looking at these pictures it doesn't really feel like that was my week but how do you photograph illness and discomfort and have an image you want to share?  Do you ever find the images that you share give a different view of your week?

Do you share the really bad, unflattering shots or just keep them for your own viewing?

Do we really share everything online for the whole world to see?  Think this question needs a post all of its own!

Further photos from this week and some explanations can be found on my Instagram Feed.



Linking up with Hannah at Make do and Push for
The week That Was Captured.


Grab button for The Week That Was

3 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

A lot to think about there! I think different things require a different degree of sharing depending on the reason and the vessel on which you are sharing! I'm off to have a look at Spoon Theory...

Hannah said...

Knitting socks? That sounds lovely! Cosy!

Thank you so much for linking up to #TWTWC xx

Unknown said...

Love all the knitting and fabulous wool which is something I wish I could do but every attempt has always been a huge fail! xx