Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Is This A Sign Of Things To Come?

Last week I traded tweets with The 40 Year Old about children and make up.  Bella had written a blog post after her Daughter had asked her about make up and why she wears it.  I personally don't wear make up every day and can quite easily leave the house with out it.  I have sensitive skin and I have spent hundreds, if not thousands on make up and have yet to find a range I can wear every day without wanting to scratch my face off.  I don't leave to come out with blemishes as a result, the make up dries my skin and makes me itch.

Naturally the Girl want to try make up.  I am forever going in her room and retrieving my make up which I have apparently given her.  Strange thing is I can never remember giving it to her her.  HHHmmmm!  My Mother didn't wear much make up either for the exact same reason and being on the strict side it was an absolute no no for me.  Most things that other teenagers did were no no for me.

Although I am told I am strict with them I am nowhere near as bad as my parents were with me.  The Girl at 10 does have some eye shadow, a blusher and lip gloss that I apply when she is going somewhere special.  It certainly is not worn for school.  

Sometimes she tries to apply it herself....

Let me introduce Coco The Clown to you:



Some how I don't think this will be that last time I say 'wash that muck off your face'. 

No comments: